Visa for EU citizen’s family member

The spouse, registerred partner and children (up to the age of 21) of an EU citizen (and of their spouse or partner) have the right to obtain a Schengen visa free of charge and with a facilitated procedure.

The applicant shall provide the following documents when submitting their Schengen visa application:

  • a valid passport – to prove their identity and nationality
  • a document proving family ties with the EU citizen (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate etc.) and dependency (if required)
  • proof that the EU citizen is already living in the host country (if they are joining them)
  • a declaration that the couple will travel together (if the family member will be accompanying the EU citizen)